Bayern Munich have made Atletico Madrid defender Diego Godin a summer transfer target after head coach Pep Guardiola held discussions with the German club’s board. Guardiola held talks with Bayern bosses last week to discuss transfer targets and prepare for next season as the Bavarians look to defend the Bundesliga title and reclaim the Champions League. With Daniel Van Buyten is set to leave in next month upon the expiry of his contract and Bayern have made replacing the Belgian a priority this summer and Guardiola, according to France Football, has made Atletico Madrid defender Godin his top target. Godin scored the equaliser against Barcelona in a 1-1 draw on the final day of the La Liga season which saw Atletico lift their first league title since 1996 and then scored a week later against Real Madrid in the Champions League final. The defender came within a couple of minutes of scoring the winner in Lisbon until Sergio Ramos levelled in injury time, before Gareth Bale, Marcelo and Cristiano Ronaldo scored in extra-time to see off Atletio 4-1. Godin still has four years left to run on his current contract, although it is believed that has not deterred Bayern in their interest for the 28-year-old.
- How to Buy Barcelona FC Tickets
- The Amazing Story of Eric Cantona
- Who Will be the Next Manchester United manager?
- Manchester Proves To be the home of Football
- Harry Kane Inspires England to Win
- The Return of Football Fans to The Stadium
- Fixture Changes for Premier League
- Bruno Fernandes: Manchester United Announce Signing
- Who is Bruno Fernandes and Why do Manchester United want to sign him?
- FA Cup 4th Round Draw Made