Arsenal target Mario Balotelli has been offered an olive branch by AC Milan and could yet stay with the club after boss Clarence Seedorf slammed those attempting to destabilise the striker.
The Italian international had been looking increasingly likely to leave the San Siro this summer as relations with his club had reportedly soured with Arsenal and Monaco leading the race to sign him.
The 23-year-old has played in England before, spending two-and-a-half seasons with Manchester City and was thought to be on his way out of Milan after being dropped from recent matches – until last night when he stormed back into the team scoring one and making another as the Rossoneri defeated Fiorentina 2-0 away from home. Balotelli had stirred the controversy over the weekend by writing a mysterious message on Twitter that hit out at “fake” people and told his followers not to trust anyone. But after his stellar performance last night Seedorf felt moved to criticise people claiming there had been a rift. “Many false things were said. I am open to criticism as long as it is constructive, but what I see here is the intention to create controversy by spreading falsehoods disguised as fact,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “The people who wrote certain things have to deal with their own conscience, because mine is clear. I tried to keep the players focused on the game, but it was impossible not to be aware of what was being said outside. ”Watch Arsenal v Man City Saturday or Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspurs Sunday.
24 hour Sky Sport Day pass for only 9. 99. No contract.